Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Responsible

My lecturer used to say that Kenya and the Kenyans in particular will remain inpoverished for life as a result of being self cenred and mean spirited. He had been to the KPLC (Kenya Power and Lightining Comapny) to air his grievances about power disruption in his home. Other Kenyans on the queue weren't amused by his action, and demanded that he be asked to leave for wasting their time; or just make an official appointment.

Self-centerdness, we are either thinking only of ourselves or; blaming others for stuff they aren't responsible for.

This is exactly what happened to me recently. There has been this Dr. in campus who can't let his wifey be his one and only woman of his dreams. The guy is still going out there chasing after girls young enough to be his daughters. What's worse is that, these innocent girls are just but his students. Thanks heavens that so far, there hasn't been any reported cases of sex-grades trade.

I had always been cautious enough, never letting myself be in an enclosed and solitary environment with him; because I had heard rumors; and rumors have lots of truth in them. That was until I was in need, extremely in need and had noone to accompany me at the moment; and it was a very urgent matter.

Shocked, frightened, numb...I felt that way. I had had a similar feeling back as a young girl, way back in my Primary School. I had just realized that a certain male teacher had be weirdly stalking me...He walks over by my side,closely holds my waist over to his, I hashly pull him away, he tries to emphasize it, but I dramatically change position-funny enough, the guy doesn't look the least embarassed or sorry, he only asks me to hush!

Hush! That moment was worth making him lose his job he had so hard worked for, tear to pieces his two decade-old marriage...and so, I had to hush.

I tell it to this girl, a close girlfriend...of course I knew what she would do/react.

"When?"
"A few minutes ago..."
"You mean today...as in now? No wonder (pause)(gazes at me suspiciously) What were you expecting dressed like this, it's like you were going there to seduce him..."

Had I got raped or sexually abused (I had already been harassed), I bet that it would have all been my fault...


by MJN

No comments:

Post a Comment